Thompson Bloggers Contacted By Romney Campaign

Wow! Within hours of Fred Thompson’s announcement that he was withdrawing his candidacy for President, I received the following email from the Mitt Romney campaign.

Ray,

Since you’ve been blogging for Senator Thompson, I wanted to reach out after your candidate’s decision today.

With Senator Thompson’s departure, I believe that Governor Romney is the only candidate capable of maintaining the unity of the conservative coalition. And I believe that only Governor Romney can stop Senator McCain in Florida and beyond.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance as our party moves forward.

Thanks,
Stephen B. Smith
Director of Online Communications
Romney for President, Inc.
www.MittRomney.com

I don’t know. For some FredHeads this may be akin to a funeral home passing out business cards at an accident scene. But whether you like Romney’s campaign or not, they are certainly well organized.

Related posts:

Well Ray, the race for president is starting to get a bit more interesting.

Barrie – So, I wonder who will drop next?

Ray, your guess is as good as mine but on the Republican side, if Rudy doesn’t do well in Florida, He is a likely candidate to drop out.

Can I interest you in my guy Obama? Interesting interview with him at ChristianityToday.com. 🙂

Bethany – Thanks for the tip on the Christianity Today interview. Here’s the link for anyone that is interested: Q&A: Barack Obama

No, I’m sorry, still not interested in Obama. He seems a very sincere man and has a lot of energy and charisma, but we differ on just about every policy issue out there. And of course we also differ on the pro-life, pro-choice issue.

I really thought he danced around the abortion issue in the CT interview. At least compared to his remarks Tuesday on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade – here is the link: Abortion and Obama

Wigh, Sigh, well I didn’t think I’d convert you so easily….I do agree that on the abortion issue Obama is not where I’d like him to be. I understand that for many of my Christian friends that this issue is paramount in all of their voting decisions and totally respect that. No candidate seems to embody all the Christian values and principles and that’s probably for the best, or we might see a candidate, instead of Christ, as our nation’s salvation. Whenever I start to despair over politics, I remember who is ultimately King of Kings.

Sigh. Make that SIGH. 🙂

Wigh Sigh …

Okay, I did! 🙂

Thanks for the good reminder that the gospel is not politics. Our Christian faith can inform our politics, but we should never confuse the two.

1. A Fred Thompson Irony at Ray Fowler .org