This is my last week working for Cellular Sales/Verizon before returning to pastoring. I have had many opportunities to share my faith while at Cellular Sales, but I wanted to find a fun way to share my faith with all my fellow reps before leaving. So, I present to you below: “The Gospel for Cell Phone Reps.” (If you’re not a cell phone rep, you probably won’t get the inside jokes, but I do hope you get the gospel!) All the best to my hard-working friends at Cellular Sales. You guys are the best!
THE GOSPEL FOR CELL PHONE REPS
1) God offers a new activation and a fresh start to everyone who comes to him.
“If anyone is in Christ, that person is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
Jesus said, “Whoever comes to me I will never drive away.” (John 6:37)
2) None of us passes God’s credit check on our own. We have all broken God’s laws, and we owe a debt we cannot pay.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
“For the wages of sin is death.” (Romans 6:23)
3) God loves you so much that he sent his Son, Jesus, to die for your sins so that you could be restored to a right relationship with God.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
“This is love: not that we loved God, but that God loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” (1 John 4:10)
4) God’s commissions are based on faith, not performance.
“Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.” (Romans 4:4-5)
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
5) When you put your faith in Christ, you won’t need to wait twenty months for your next upgrade. God gives you spiritual upgrades on a regular basis.
“Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.” (1 Peter 2:2-3)
6) It’s good to take spiritual inventory every day.
“Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
7) Don’t forget Church Protect®!
Jesus said, “I will build my church, and the gates of Hell will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:18)
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:25)