The Ten Commandments Movie Trailer

Update: Click here for new post with more information on the movie.
              Click here to read some Christian endorsements of the movie.

Wow, I didn’t even know about this movie. It is coming out in theaters on Friday, October 19, 2007. The trailer looks excellent. You can find more information about the film at Epic Stories of the Bible, as well as take The Ten Commandments Challenge. (HT: Goodword Editing)

This is the first of twelve animated Epic Stories of the Bible planned by Promenade Pictures with “Noah’s Ark – The New Beginning” in pre-production and scheduled for release in 2008. (Click here to view the trailer.)

As God would have it, I am currently preaching through a message series at church called The Ten Commandments for Today. Here are the messages so far:

1. I had heard only the faintest of rumors, but I thought it was live action. I was a bit disappointed to find it looks like a computer version of Prince of Egypt. Seems to be a good cast of voices, though! (Thanks for the hat tip.)

I also assumed live action until I visited the site and saw the trailer. Still, the animation looks great. And from what I can see, the filmmakers are seeking to be very faithful to the biblical narrative.

Prince of Egypt was amazing, and this movie will certainly have a hard time living up to it. I see some differences, though. Prince of Egypt ended with the crossing of the Red Sea, whereas this film looks like it covers the whole life of Moses from birth to the borders of the Promised Land. Also Prince of Egypt was more of a musical, and this looks like straight story.

3. Have you seen any TV ads for this movie?

I haven’t seen anything here in Chicagoland. I’m not even sure I’ll find it at a local theater.

Edgar.

E.I.,

I have not seen any promotion for this movie at all. I even checked Comcast Cable On Demand for trailers of upcoming movies – nothing there. I hope this doesn’t suffer the same fate as the Nativity Story, which I think was under-attended due to insufficient promotion.

5. Rich L. says:

Hello to all of you. This film looks appealing to the eyes and very exciting, although I am concerned on whether it follows bibilical fact. I am also concerned with whether or not this was made through the annointing of the holy spirit or from someone who wanted to make a profit.
    I feel that before coming to conclusions the film should be watched first. Just by the previews, though I am concerned. Moses is coming off as a bold and confident man, when in fact we know from the Bible that this was not the case. God wanted Moses to grow out of his insecurities and weaknesses. We know from the Bible that Moses spoke with a stutter and was not a confident speaker, therefor Aaron was chosen to be Moses’ prophet and speaker before Pharoah. I am concerned of blasphemous material in this film. It appears that Moses is doing all of the speaking while Aaron stands quietly in the foreground, but again, before I judge and before any of us do we need to watch the film for ourselves.

Remember brethren of the Lord, we are living in an awesome time. This kind of stuff which happened to Moses is still happening. The Holy Spirit is doing mighty things and it’s up to us not to limit God. We CAN experience signs, miracles and wonders if we trust in the Father for our strength. God bless you all in Jesus’ precious name.

Rich L.,

It is hard to tell just from the trailer. It will be interesting to see how closely they follow the biblical narrative.

7. Rich L. says:

It has gained a lot of attention. It will be a nice treat to see in the theatres than the trash out there recently. God bless you.

I just posted some more information on the movie here.

9. Julie Brairton says:

I just saw the movie and really enjoyed it. My family also recently watched the older 10 oommandments movie and I must say I enjoyed this NEW ONE much more. In the older version Pharoh kept making fun of Moses and refering to his God as..THE GOD WITH NO NAME. In this new movie I just about fell out of my chair when I heard Pharoh ask Moses what was his God’s name and he answered..JEHOVAH. In fact God’s name JEHOVAH was used 2 times in this movie. The animation characters were not very attractive, but a truly spiritual person sees beyond the appearance and sees the beauty of the story and the faith of the characters. I would recommend this movie to all family’s who want to see something of value instead of all the trash that is showing nowadays.

Thanks, Julie, for giving us our first review of the movie! It is not showing in our area (Massachusetts) so I did not get to see it. But one of the theaters I called said they might pick it up in the next couple weeks.

11. Erica Smith says:

I never saw anything about this movie, did it come out in theatres already? I heard about it from a friend and have been waiting for it to come into theatres so I could watch it to see if it is appropriate for my Sunday School class to see becaus we are studying the book of Exodus. Will this be coming out on DVD soon?

Erica

The movie played in theaters in limited release back in October. Unfortunately, it did not play where I lived, so I did not get to see it or bring my kids to see it. I assume it will be available on DVD sometime in the spring.

1. More on the New Ten Commandments Movie at Ray Fowler .org
  2. Some Christian Endorsements of the New Ten Commandments Movie at Ray Fowler .org