This message takes a close look at the Hebrew text of Psalm 139 in order to affirm the sanctity of human life in the womb. I had the privilege of preaching at Plantation Community Church Sunday for National Sanctity of Human Life Day. The message was called The Sanctity of Human Life in the Womb, taken from Psalm 139:13-16.
Here is a brief outline of the message:
Five reasons why we should affirm the sanctity of human life in the womb:
1) God has ownership rights as Creator. (13a)
2) Human life should be treated with special reverence and awe. (13b-14)
3) God designed the womb as a place of nurture and protection. (15a)
4) God personally fashions the baby in the womb. (15b-16a)
5) God has a plan for each child’s life even before the child is born. (16b)
What can you do?
1) Pray concerning the problem of abortion.
2) Vote for people and policies which affirm life.
3) Support mothers in crisis and those who give them aid.
Note: Click on the Sermons tab at the top of the blog for this and other messages.