I know people may have some questions about our upcoming move, so I thought I would answer them here.
1. Why are you leaving your present church?
- We are moving for family reasons and to be closer to family back south.
Are you leaving because of conflict in the church? No. Agawam Church is a wonderful, peaceable church family with little to no conflict. I would not want the news of my moving to reflect badly on the church in any way.
Are you leaving because you were caught in some sin? Ooh, the juicy stuff. No. Although I confess sin daily, I am not being asked to step down because of some disqualifying sin in my life.
Are you leaving because of financial reasons? No. Agawam Church of the Bible has always provided well for me and my family.
2. Where are you going?
- I wish I knew! We are focusing on Florida, Georgia and Texas, but we want to remain open to wherever God might lead us.
3. When are you planning to move?
- The “when” depends on a number of things, including the “where” in the list above! We are probably looking at a 3-6 month window before we can move. We need to find a new place of ministry, we need to sell our home, and we need to make sure there is a smooth transition for our church on this end.
4. Does your church know you are leaving?
- Yes. This is something that I have been discussing with the church elders for some time and shared with the church family several weeks ago.
5. What kind of a church are you looking for?
- I have served mostly in Baptist and independent churches. I am committed to expository preaching from God’s Word, teaching and discipleship, missions and evangelism. You can find more information about me at my Pastoral Profile page.
6. Is there anything we can do to help?
- Yes. You can help me network by passing my information on to any churches you know that may be looking for a pastor. If you are a blogger, feel free to mention our move as a point of interest and post a link to my profile. Also, please email me if you know of an open church opportunity.
And you can pray.
1) Pray for us as we seek the new place God has for us.
2) Pray for a smooth transition for Agawam Church of the Bible.
3) Pray for the new pastor God will be calling ACB’s way.
Thanks! We look forward to seeing where God would have us serve next.