Sox Win Season Opener

Boston Red Sox - Manny Ramirez after hitting a game-winning two run double against the Oakland Athletics in the 10th inning of their season opening game in Tokyo.

The Boston Red Sox won their season opening game yesterday, defeating the Oakland Athletics 6-5 in extra innings. The game was played in Japan at the Tokyo Dome. Boston caught up and tied the game in the ninth inning, and then won in the tenth with a two-run double off the center field fence by Manny Ramirez. It was Manny’s second two-run double of the game. So the Sox start off their 2008 season 1-0. Go Sox!

Related posts:

1. Tim Challies says:

Of greater interest and greater importance is the far more exciting news that the Sox choked in their second game of the season, scrounging up just five hits and losing in a laugher. Go Jays!

Tim – Careful now! We only write about the Sox here when they win! Which is why we hardly ever mention the Blue Jays. What is it with the Sox and the Jays? I think we have a harder time against Toronto than just about any other team.

3. Tim Challies says:

Who knows. Either way, it’s a tough gig to be in a division with both the Yankees and the Sox!

Although I have zero interest in the Red Sox, somehow we ended up hosting a 6:00 a.m Opening Day Baseball Breakfast Bash. Company started arriving around the time of the first pitch and we served waffles, fruit, coffee and OJ all morning. Homeschooling does have its advantages, though starting school at 10:30 meant for a long day. And, we learned that sleepy kids don’t work as well as usual. Oh well, at least we won that one!

Bethany – So, how come I wasn’t invited? 😐

6. Jeff says:

Bethany – Me TOO? Don’t you know breakfast is my favorite meal!!

OK Guys – Open invite to the next 6:00 a.m Opening Day. 🙂
    Just remember to RSVP first and bring something good to eat.

I’m in. Now, where is my long-term planning calendar?