Full-Sized Lost in Space Robots For Sale

Lost in Space Robot Full Size Replicas

“Danger, danger, Will Robinson!” Oh, how I loved this show when I was a kid! It sparked my imagination and gave me a taste for science fiction, adventure, space and fantasy that I still enjoy today. We have all three seasons on DVD, and I enjoyed re-watching them with my boys when they were younger.

Of course, the Lost in Space Robot was one of the main attractions of the show, along with the adventurous Will and the villainous Dr. Smith. My boys still have a toy version of the Robot, but now B9Creations has announced the production and sale of Full Size, Limited Edition, Fully Licensed Replicas of the famous Lost in Space Robot.

They have really gone all out to make these as authentic-looking as possible. The parts are all based on the original molds. You can activate the Robot by remote control. Functions include turning the Robot’s torso left/right, directing the Robot’s voice to respond “Affirmative/Negative” and activating the Robot’s soil sampling sequence. The Robot also comes with over 500 voice tracks by Richard Tufeld, the voice of the original Robot. And here is a neat feature: it has a functional power pack. Pulling the Robot’s “power pack” will shut down the Robot with the “Aaghhhhhh…” sound, just as it did in the TV series.

However, with a price tag of $24,500 I won’t be buying one of these anytime soon. At least the price includes shipping!

HT: Instapundit

1. Jack says:

US$25,000.00! You’d have to be a “Nickle-plated Ninny” to pay that much. (Wish I had the money!) But for that price I’d want to be able to get inside and operate it just like they did for the show. Great story!

Jack – “Nickle-plated Ninny!” I love it! I can tell you are a true Lost in Space fan. And yes, it would be fun to actually be able to get inside one of these things. Thanks for commenting!

3. Sea Wolf says:

Sir. I admire your work(what I’ve seen of it)but it leads me to ask, what else ya got? He would make an excellent starting point to ad to. The possibilities are endless. But the Proteus bots would, in my opinion fit the bill better. So, what else Ya got???

Sea Wolf

4. Skip says:

I have to tell you that I salivate over those robots. I was and still am a big Lost in Space fan. The robot was my fav. I acutally tried to build one when I was 8. I would head out right now to knock over a bank to buy one…but due to the financial crisis we are in, the banks don’t have any money either!

Skip – I am still a big Lost in Space fan, too. I had a lot of fun sharing this show with my kids when they were younger. Good thing the banks are out of cash; I wouldn’t want you to get into any trouble!

6. Sean says:

“You called me a-bellicose-bumpkin…self defense circuits activated”

sOULS I hit owerball,megabucks…I’ll order one….I do have one question,in two parts….

1-A: would it be possible to modify it/him to run on dc-battery power-as did the robot in thr original series?

I read that yrs ago in a interview with Bob May-(R.I.P.) that in order to safeguard against electical shock…the hero suit was set up to run either via chorded or battery.

IB:
    I suppose it’s possible, but….wireless R/C control..? that’d be cool!

Sean – Never heard about the electrical shock bit. A remote control would be fun.

8. bill douglass says:

Its really cool just too much money needs to be around 5.000 and then maybe

9. Shane brankey says:

I have to say you did it so what else does the robot do besides just direct answers?

10. Ken says:

There are a lot of people who remember the show and would love a chance to WIN one of these. Ever think B9 creations might raffle one off? $20 or so a chance? When they get to the 25K list price they select a winner. I’d give it a shot!

11. mike says:

Sir I am very impressed B9 looks like the original and would be an awesome machine to actually own. I grew up watching, loving and still enjoy the show to this day. I really wish that I could afford one Im searching for the complete series box set.
    A local tv station ME tv (memorable entertainment tv) has started airing
    Reruns on Saturday night’s I love it!!!! I’ve always been fascinated by the robot
    Anyway fantastic job on the replica great features who knows maybe ill hit the lottery and buy my own B9 unless you start a finance or layaway plan haha I’d get one on installments
    Keep up the good work
    A fan

12. Sean says:

I scrutinized a few still shots from the 1st season-Island in the sky,when Giants walked the earth,the angry sea. & I noted the legs DO NOT look like they do on lte pix or the replicas. The walking shot just outside the ship,getting the enviroment samples/estimates clearly shows different leg design… still the replicas are Soooo damn cool!

As for articulating the arms,that can be done via a small windshield washer motor,a servo-gear,2-or-4 telescoping push rods. the tread section is easier…all that is needed is a drive system,wheels from a electric scooter chair ( & a seperate batery of course )OR A KIDS POWER WHEELS RIDING TOY ( re-inforced to handle te energy load/weight & r/c components ) I’d seel a city block for replica & all the parts needed to do that…BUT,I don’t see that happening in this century ( unless I hit the lottery-then u’d be getting a call…!). KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

13. Michael Jordan says:

$24000 is a mighty hefty price – almost double the price of your average motor vehicle. I’d love it if you could make these more affordable – … I’d buy one at half the price.

So what do you say … ???