A Very Merry Guitar Christmas from Sam Fowler

(Note: Sam’s Christmas guitar arrangements below!)

My son, Sam, wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas from him and his guitar. Sam is in the eighth grade and just started playing guitar about two years ago. He worked hard doing lawn jobs over the last two summers and was able to save up enough money to buy himself his own brand, spankin’ new Martin D-15 at the end of this summer. Here he is with his new guitar.

Sam with his Martin D-15

I have been teaching him what I know, and he also studied with acoustic guitar wizard Brooks Williams this summer. Anyways, here are three of Sam’s original fingerstyle acoustic guitar arrangements played by Sam for you on his very own Martin D-15. They are all good, but my favorite of these is definitely Feliz Navidad — a nice spunky version with a great feel. Merry Christmas all and enjoy! And remember, you heard him here first!

• Go Tell It on the Mountain
    [audio:SamFowler_GoTellItOnTheMountain.mp3]
  • Away in a Manger
    [audio:SamFowler_AwayInAManger.mp3]
  • Feliz Navidad
    [audio:SamFowler_FelizNavidad.mp3]

Related posts:
    • Fowler Family Christmas Project
    • Free Christmas Music MP3 Downloads
    • Click here for more Christmas related posts.

1. Mary says:

Thank you for sharing your music! Made my day. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I found this blog by way of Tim Challie’s blog.

2. Tom says:

Away In The Manger is best by far! Thanks Sam.

Great music Sam. I pray that God will use your amazing talent to be a blessing to others. It sure was to us and represents much disciplined hard work and a love of the guitar as an instrument for music.

Love,

Grandpa

I loved all the songs, but especially Away in a Manger. Like the way you brought in both melodies for this carol. It was beautiful, Thanks Sam, love from Grandma.

4. eclexia says:

Wow! That is amazing. Sam, I can tell that your musical ability from God has been filled out and supplemented by a lot of hard work (both on the guitar and FOR the guitar). Thanks for sharing this.

I love acoustic guitar, especially Hawaiian slack-key, which George Winston introduced to me. (not personally…)
    More please!

6. Carlin says:

When does his CD come out?? ( :
    Hmm… I’ve been playing guitar for a year now.. wonder if 12 months will make that much difference in me?? I wish. ( ;
    Great job Sam, keep up the good work!!

Carlin

rats. I can’t seem to get my computer to play this. No volume. sigh. I will keep trying!

Sharon

A couple things (some of these are really basic, but you never know!):

1) Make sure your speakers are plugged in
    2) Make sure your speakers are turned on
    3) Make sure your speakers are turned up
    4) Check the volume control on your computer itself. If you have Windows: Click “Start” in the bottom left-hand corner; Click “All Programs”; Click “Accessories”; Click “Entertainment”; Click “Volume Control” – Make sure all of the volume controls are turned up and none of the mute buttons are checked.

That’s the best I can do from this distance without actually looking at your computer and set-up. I hope that helps!

9. barrie says:

Sam, Great job! God sure has blessed you will musical talent. Kathie and I really enjoyed listening to your playing. Kathie was remembering when you would help with the Childrens choir at PCC by playing the piano for the rehersals. Keep up the great work. Looks like it might be a ministry calling for you. God Bless..

Barrie – Sam says, “Thanks,” but that was actually Ramon who played piano for the children’s choir at PCC. They are both on the worship team here at Agawam Church – Ramon plays piano and Sam plays guitar. (And Timothy is coming right along!)

Still no sound. I emailed my computer tech. I just must hear Sam!!

12. Peter says:

Hey Sam!
    You are awesome in these tracks!
    You should see a professional and get this on a CD!
    Keep up your good work!

13. em says:

SAM THAT IS CRAZAYZAY!
    you should put it on itunes!
    its like so amazing you dont even know!
    ahhaha

14. Candy Boucher says:

Dear Ray and Sam,

Thank you for the link to your music, and for the picture of your new Martin. We have had two Martin guitars in my family over the last 40 years or so….and many, many more blessings than I ever will remember with them. In my opinion, though, the key to the music is the soul of the player.

Blessings,

Candy

Hi Candy! – Thanks for visiting. And thanks for your encouragement to Sam and his music.

1. Free Christmas Music MP3 Downloads at Ray Fowler .org