The Complete List of Movie Sequels for Summer 2007

Spider-Man 3 opens tomorrow, kicking off a whole summer of movie sequels – four in May, five in June, one in July, and three in August. For better or for worse, here is the complete list:

• Spider-Man 3 (May 4)
  • 28 Weeks Later (May 11)
  • Shrek the Third (May 18)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (May 25)
  • Hostel 2   (June 8 )
  • Ocean’s 13   (June 8 )
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (June 15)
  • Evan Almighty (June 22)
  • Live Free or Die Hard (June 27)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (July 13)
  • The Bourne Ultimatum (August 3)
  • Rush Hour 3 (August 10)
  • Halloween 9 (August 31)

Most of these are either regrettable or forgettable, but I am definitely looking forward to Spider-Man, Pirates, and the Bourne Ultimatum. How about you? Which sequels will you probably see?

Note: When fall arrives, it looks like we get a break from sequels until December with National Treasure: Book of Secrets (12/21) and Alien Vs. Predator 2 (12/25 on Christmas day!).

1. brad wright says:

I didn’t realize that there were this many sequels! Movies are almost becoming like retail chains… same thing at different locations/ same character in different summers.

2. DAVID says:

I can’t remember exactly how it ended, but National Treasure didn’t strike me at the time as having sequel potential. I wonder what the plot will be…

Brad, I agree – it seems the whole sequel thing is definitely becoming overworked. I like the retail chain analogy.

David, I don’t remember the first National Treasure ending with any obvious holes or unresolved issues, so I am guessing they are just going to pick up the same characters and drop them in a whole new adventure (same characters, different summer, whoops I mean winter).

4. Rachael says:

Hi Pastor Ray!
    Do you have any idea when Prince Caspian is coming out? I heard christmas 2008 but I was hoping I heard wrong. 🙁 They can’t wait too long if they want to get the whole series in!
    ~Rachael~

Hi Rachael,

Prince Caspian is due out May 16, 2008, just about a year from now. Sure, it’s still a long wait, but not as far away as Christmas 2008.

6. Rachael says:

Yeah!
    I’ll TRY to wait patiantly!
    ~Rachael~