This is helpful information for teens, parents, youth groups and youth leaders. The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding (CPYU) interviewed a number of college students as part of their College Transition Initiative. They asked them the following questions:
- What was the biggest adjustment you faced transitioning to college?
- Were you able to get connected to a church or campus ministry fellowship? If so, how did you get connected? If not, why was it difficult to get connected? Or, why did you choose not to get connected?
- As you reflect on your church youth group experience, what are some things you wish your youth group would have done more of to prepare you for college?
- Understanding the challenges that college life brings, what are some things you wish your youth group would have done less of?
- What advice would you give college bound high school students who are thinking about the college transition?
You can read their answers at the Student Interviews page. Or, you could interview your own Christian college students and have them share their answers with the youth at your church.
HT: Stand to Reason